Monday, June 22, 2009

Day Two (ish)

There is some confusion to exactly what day I wrote this post. It was my second day on the trip but my first full day in France. Oh, and 12 hours of travel and an 8 hour time difference lost somewhere in between. Date: June 20, 2009. Again, no internet access.

I made it through an interesting first night with my cousin. Barbecue at a friend's followed by night out at a bar called the Vegas. In spite of hopes to limit my alcohol consumption, I got slightly inebriated. However, in doing so, I came to the realization that drunk in France is not the same as drunk in the US. It's a different feeling. More on that later. At the BBQ, I experience a bit of culture shock. It's been two years since my last trip to France so some things are going to take some getting used to. Anyway, it felt like the people I was with were eternally stuck in a high school mentality, for lack of a better description. More on that later. I slept a few short hours; not nearly enough to fully recover. Now I'm in the train to my next adventure, in Tours. A bit tired, but excited nonetheless.

No comments: