Friday, August 7, 2009

Le Dauphin

I'm finally reconnected with the world. I spent the last two weeks with my cousins and one of their friends in a mobile home at a campground near Meschers. It was nothing more and nothing less than I expected: lots of drinking, lots of going out, lots of hitting on girls, lots of time at the beach, lots of sandwiches, lots of immature behavior, lots of bullshit, and lots of fun. I couldn't be happier that it's over. The cousins do the stupidest shit sometimes. Seriously, who takes videos of their friends vomiting? Who takes a picture of a dirty toilet in a bathroom stall at a bar? Who whips out their junk and repeatedly slaps it on the counter behind our female company while their backs are turned? Who...well, you get the idea. There wasn't one night in two weeks where at least two of them didn't say, "I'm gonna get shit-faced tonight." Luckily for me, since we went out so much, they often needed a designated driver. I was usually the first to volunteer. Anyway, looking back on the whole experience nothing exceptional really took place. Although, there are definitely some things that need to be included in the blog. I'm going to lest them so that I don't forget but I don't have time to expand on everything right now. Expect some follow up entries on these later: weekly bingo night at the campground, the red mini football, a French phenomenon known as "l'apéritif," the cousins, their friend Kevin, the many faces of the "miniwich," and "l'elite Francaise." If anyone has any particular interest in any of these, feel free to comment and I'll get to that first.

No comments: