Friday, November 20, 2009

While I'm on the subject...

...here's another one I just stumbled across. This one I apparently wrote for my eighth grade English class. No prizes for this one but it's pretty funny.

POINT OF VIEW

Imagine yourself in my paws,
I don't think you understand.
You think I have a perfect life,
It's really not so grand.

I'd like to start by telling you,
The food you give me's sick.
It's old and hard and terrible.
I'd rather eat a stick.

In the winter when it's cold,
You make me sleep outside.
I'd be happy on the couch
Where I do no freeze my hide.

I'm getting kind of chubby,
You don't take me for a walk.
You just leave me on the porch,
And I can't get through the lock.

I wish that I could tell you
All the things you put me though.
I don't think I deserve it,
What did I ever do to you?

- 14 year-old Sacha (almost)
September 8, 1997

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Such a talented little Sacha!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sach, I like this poem a lot. And which little creature was your inspiration for such heartfelt prose? Mom

Unknown said...

If I remember correctly, Becaud was the inspiration for the subject, but obviously not the content. I was mostly concerned about getting it to rhyme. :)